Delmarva Power Schedules Electric Reliability Improvements
Date Posted: Monday, April 22nd, 2013
Residents of Atlantic Street (between Federal Street and Front Street), Chestnut Street (between Rt. 5 and Chandler Street) and Mulberry Street (between H.O. Brittingham Street and Federal Street) will see Delmarva Power and contractors working on the poles and lines in their neighborhood starting this week. The work is designed to improve the reliability of your service.
Delmarva Power electric reliability improvements in Milton area
- Beginning in late April 2013, Delmarva Power will begin electric reliability improvements in the Town of Milton with projected completion by the end of the year.
- These upgrades on the Delmarva Power overhead electric distribution system are designed to improve electric service for customers in the area and will occur along Atlantic, Chestnut and Mulberry Streets. This reliability project will be handled by Delmarva Power’s contract crews from Utility Lines Construction Services, Inc.
- Work will occur during normal daytime business hours. We will attempt to minimize the impact of traffic interruptions and all necessary traffic permits will be acquired from DelDOT for this project.
- Reliability upgrades will include the replacement of electric distribution poles and the installation of new wire, crossarms, switching equipment and other assorted improvements to the Delmarva Power electric distribution system serving the area.
- Project work will occur in the following areas:
- Atlantic Street – between Federal Street and Front Street
- Chestnut Street – between the Chestnut/Federal Street split and Chandler Street
- Mulberry Street – between H.O. Brittingham Elementary School and Federal Street
- Once the line construction is completed, crews will convert customers to the new power lines. These conversions will necessitate planned outages of several hours. Prior to the conversion, crews will notify customers who will be affected by an outage. Any outages for businesses will be coordinated to take place during non-business hours.
- Questions about the project can be referred to Delmarva Power Senior Public Affairs Manager Jim Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (302) 934-3342.
View the official flyer here: Delmarva Power electric reliability improvements in Milton area.
Related Topics: Atlantic Street, Chestnut Street, Delaware, Delmarva Power, Electric Reliability Improvements, Electrical work, Milton, Mulberry Street