Construction of Rails to Trails, Phase II (Federal Street to Lavinia Street)Date Posted: Friday, January 31st, 2020
The Notice to Proceed for the Rails to Trails, Phase II, project has been issued by DelDOT to ADEL Construction to allow work beginning Monday, February 3rd. During this time, please avoid the trail area as it’s a construction zone and safety to all is of most importance. Construction hours are the same as in Town code, which is Monday through Friday 7am to 5:30pm and Saturday 8am to 3pm; no work on Sunday or Federal holidays. Construction will be performed in phases as follows, weather permitting:
- First – the timber bridge rehabilitation, which is estimated to be complete beginning of April.
- Second – the Wagamons connector segment into West Shore Drive, which is estimated to be complete end of April.
- Third – the trail segment from Lavinia Street to the bridge, which is estimated to be complete mid-May.
- Fourth, the trail segment from Federal Street to the bridge, which is estimated to be complete the end of May,
- Last, the bike lane and sidewalk, which is estimated to be complete mid-June.
Around the line of construction are some trees marked for clearing and grubbing; trees will only be removed if they’re expected to cause problem in the future or if its dead. Greg Wingo, Milton Public Works Supervisor, will be on site during the time of clearing and grubbing. Remember, that once the project is complete there will be a time for plantings.
The Town will be monitoring the project closely. Please don’t hesitate to contact Greg Wingo, Public Works Supervisor, or Kristy Rogers, Town Manager, with any questions or concerns. 302-684-4110