Planning and Code Enforcement
The Department is currently made up of three employees. The department has many responsibilities with the continual growth and development of the Town.
Some responsibilities include:
- Handles code enforcement
- Manages business licenses
- Processes building permits
- Performs construction site inspections
- Interprets general code/zoning information
- Issues certificates of occupancies
- Updates Comprehensive Plan (click to view: Milton Comprehensive Plan 2018 – Certified) (Updated Maps: Updated Comprehensive Plan Maps A – C, Updated Comprehensive Plan Maps D – F, Updated Comprehensive Plan Maps – G – J, Updated Comprehensive Plan Maps – K & L)
- Facilitates Board of Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission, and Planning & Zoning Commission meetings
- Reviews petitions for annexations, re-zonings, subdivisions and site plans
- Assigns mailing addresses to new properties within the municipality
Historic District Guides:
Hours of Construction in the Town of Milton are as follows:
Monday through Friday – 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
NO CONSTRUCTION on Sundays or Town Holidays (to view a list of Town Holidays, click here:2023 Town Holiday Schedule)
Project Coordinator, Thomas Quass
Code Enforcement Officer, Robert Wilson
Code Enforcement Officer, Patrick Pote
You may reach the Planning & Code Enforcement Department by visiting or calling Town Hall at 302-684-4110 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.